Friday, February 18, 2011

meal time traditions

What are your meal time traditions? Our favorite part of dinner is sharing our warm fuzzies and cold pricklies. Each of us has a turn to talk about their best (warm fuzzy) and worst (cold prickly) part of their day. My 3 year old often confuses the two, so many times, we'll hear him say funny things like, "My warm fuzzy was getting shoved by my friend and my cold prickly was eating a doughnut for breakfast." Dinner time is our chance to connect as a family and share funny stories with each other. It's very important that we continue to gather (all 6 of us) as long as we can. Life is so busy and hectic, so to have 30-45 minutes to enjoy each other's company is the best gift we can give each other. I still remember my family dinners growing up and the many great memories. I heart family dinner time.

No comments:

Post a Comment