Monday, March 28, 2011

citrus beauty

How beautiful is that? Grapefruit. So simple, yet so classic and amazing. So fresh - a glimmer of spring, during this March winter hangover. mmmm.

Growing up, I remember being fascinated by how my dad loved to eat a half grapefruit in the morning. He would split it in half, sprinkle generously with sugar and save the other half for the next day. I remember hovering over his bowl, as he used his serrated spoon to carve out the juicy, pink flesh. At the end, he would squeeze the remaining juice into his bowl and finish it - the best part.

I have the same love and appreciation for grapefruit today. And, Dane & Eleanor love it as well (so, I almost have to eat them by myself.) Otherwise, I'm often left with the juice at the end. There are different varieties of grapefruit, but I prefer the Texas red. In fact, just finished the last of them today. Must go to the store and stock up again...

No comments:

Post a Comment