Thursday, March 24, 2011

homemade ice cream and fudge sauce

I LOVE ice cream! I grew up eating ice cream (Schwans vanilla in the tin cans, if you must know.) Today, I share a love of ice cream with my husband, Jeff and my kids. We have it at least weekly (more often in the summer.)

Here's some more recipes of my friend Molly's. I've had both and they are delicious! Enjoy!

Ice Cream

6 eggs beaten (can use an egg substitute if concerned about salmonella)
1 tsp salt
3 pts cream or half and half
2 ½ c sugar
3 T vanilla
3 c skim milk
Mix well and put into ice cream freezer.
Pack ROCK SALT (not table salt) around container.
Follow directions of the ice cream freezer.

Chocolate Sauce

(Molly says it's the best sauce EVER made.)
1 can (tall) carnation milk
2 c white sugar
4 T cocoa
4T butter
2 tsp vanilla
Combine sugar and cocoa and stir over low heat but do not melt sugar. When mixture is hot add butter and blend well. Add milk, stir constantly. Increase heat and boil rapidly for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Keeps well in fridge.

1 comment: