Wednesday, March 9, 2011

molly's twinkie cake

So my good friend, Molly brought this to our house for dessert one evening and I was instantly hooked. Yum. I prefer the yellow cake mix for this, but I'm a yellow cake kind of girl. I'm sure the chocolate version is just as wonderful.

Molly's Twinkie Cake
(Molly says it's her Mom's recipe, so thank you, Molly's Mom!)

Grease 9x13 inch pan and either line bottom with wax/parchment paper or coat in flour.

You'll need a yellow or chocolate cake mix (I like Duncan Hines, but any will do.) Bake cake according to directions and let cool.

Filling: 5T flour and 1 c. milk. Cook on low, stir constantly until thick and set aside.

Mix: 1 c sugar, ½ c butter, ½ tsp salt, ½ c Crisco, 1 tsp vanilla

Then add flour mixture, beat until fluffy.

Slice cake in half, put filling between the layers.

Sift powdered sugar over top.

Chill and store in refrigerator. Serve.

1 comment: